Saturday, January 30, 2010

Canon Rebel = Canon Kiss

Hey there, Everyone!!
I have recently discovered something that only a few amateur photographers and camera enthusiasts know about Canon. Many of us Americans know the famous line of affordable Canon DSLRs as the Rebel! But I have just come across a separate name for it while I was searching on eBay for a used Canon. In Japan, the Rebel is known as the Kiss! It is near impossible to find this branch of cameras online! They offer the same features, screen, exterior, etc as the American counterpart, but simply has a different label on the lower right corner in the front of the camera. I am not kidding you on this! And instead of having the XT, XTi, XS, etc following the Kiss label, it has X2, X3 and such. It is of course a marketing front for Canon to change the name for some countries, BUT it is, without a doubt, the same camera!

If you personally want to see or own this camera, you can find it on eBay by doing an Advanced search for "Canon Kiss" and select it to be exclusively from Japan. The results will show a few of the newest versions that are exactly like the XTi (minus the small label saying Kiss on the front). This beauties are usually with a Buy-it-Now tag on it, but I was lucky enough to snatch up my own from inside the States for just under $300 because few people know that this is in fact a Canon! The Buy-it-Now price on these cameras are approximately $500 and up.

I will let you know as soon as the camera comes in, and then once I get a lens to test on it!
~
thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment